- Check out THROTTLE DECISIONS: a video series made in BC for riding safety.
- Give the gift of a lifetime, sign you and yours up for an avalanche class. Gain knowledge and skills that will help you LIVE TO RIDE ANOTHER DAY.
- North Road Productions and Peninsula Snowmachine shops are teaming with avalanche educators for 2014-2015 bringing riding safety information to Kenai
- What about Snow-bikes? A new and different way to play in the mountains.
New Studies on snowmobile culture: Opportunities for Snowmobile Avalanche Education and The Roots of Avalanche Fatality Rates; An exploration of the differences between skiers and snowmobilers - Miranda Murphy
AAIC supports Alaska Snow Rider Snowmobile Safety Education
- Snowmachine and Avalanche Safety Instructors needed! Alaska needs riders who share responsible mountain travel habits…become an instructor and help Alaskans LIVE TO RIDE ANOTHER DAY!
- New research on how skiers and snowmobiles stress the snowpack
Quick Links for Snowmachiners
- Alaska Avalanche Courses
- Alaska State Parks Trails Program
- SnoWest Forum Site active with AK riders
- ZacsTracs Canadian Snowmobile Specific Avalanche Skills Training
- Soul Rides Avalanche Education
- Forest Service Avalanche Awareness
- Sledding Safety – CAA
- What’s Next Snowmobile Specific Avalanche Education? – AAIC
- Avalanche Awareness for Snowmobilers
- Valdez Snowmachine Club
- Fairbanks Snow Travelers
- Anchorage Snowmobile Club
- AK DEEP with AAIC instructor Mike Buck
- Check out AAIC instructors‘ article in Snowmobile Storm
- Read results from 2010′s Avalanche Training for Sledders Survey
Snowmachines have the ability to cover significantly more terrain than other backcountry travelers. As a result, snowmachiners have the potential to expose themselves to much more avalanche terrain. Good routes and travel habits can reduce the risk of getting caught in a slide.
Do you have the avalanche skills to live to ride another day?
Think about your group…do they have the skills to dig you out?
The Alaska Avalanche Information Center is working with NAOI, AIARE and the AAA to assist in the development of curriculum standards and course progression guidelines for snowmobile specific avalanche education in the US. We have been working towards this goal for several years, making headway towards the development and implementation of pertinent and effective avalanche education designed specifically for snowmobilers. If you have ideas or want to schedule a snowmachine specific class for your riding group or club, please contact us.