To support and provide public avalanche forecasts and education while promoting the exchange of snow stability observations for Alaska.
The AAIC strives to increase public awareness and safety through avalanche education, research, and the networking of avalanche practitioners.
- Provide public avalanche forecasts and snow observation information.
- Provide high quality avalanche forecasting and rescue skills training.
- Encourage snow observers and sharing of snow, weather, and avalanche observations.
- Strengthen community connections between business, industry, government, search and rescue organizations, and winter recreation groups.
- Promote and facilitate practitioner data collection and exchange.
- Promote and facilitate snow and avalanche research.
- Promote and facilitate continuing professional development.
The Alaska Avalanche Information Center includes the Anchorage Avalanche Center, the Cordova Avalanche Center, the Haines Avalanche Center, the Hatcher Pass Avalanche Center and the Valdez Avalanche Center.
Alaska Statute: AS 18.76.010
AAIC Bylaws: <here>