GET THE GEAR. GET THE FORECAST. GET THE TRAINING.
Latest News and Events:
- Coming in November – The 8th annual Alaska Snow Safety Summit – Learn more and Register to reserve your spot today! Visit the Snow Summit website at Snow Safety Summit. Help us make this event possible – Become a Sponsor. Check out our – Sponsorkit
- Support the AAIC through Fred Meyers. Link your Rewards Card today and every purchase you make will help AAIC. Learn More FMDonationProgram
- PUBLIC NOTICE The AAIC plans to apply for the Alaska SnowTrack Grant to help secure funds for a mobile game app we are developing. Read the Notice
- Season Recap! The AAIC and all of our centers are proud of our 2014-2015 accomplishments. Check out our END OF SEASON REPORT
- Alaska range climbers rescued May 11 after triggering avalanche <here>
- When you go to hang up your skis or snowboard or park your sled, think about next winter – are you ready? Do you have the avalanche skills to up your game? Plan to take some training or participate in a mountain skills clinic in 2015-16.
- AAIC is a pround partner of Project Zero: aiming to reduce avalanche fatalities and promote a responsible backcountry experience.
- AIARE offers innovative and standardized avalanche education – learn more.
- Do you value avalanche information and education in Alaska? Show it by becoming a member of Alaska Avalanche Information Center. If you shop Amazon, support by selecting Alaska Avalanche Information Center as your charity at Amazon Smile.
- Spring is here – timing your ride with the day’s warming is critical. Read more about spring considerations and spring timing.
- Great job Arctic Man participants. Companion Rescue classes April 9-11, Mile 198 Richardson Hwy. Summit Lake were a success.
- Way to go Tailgate Alaska. Mountain Skills classes April 3-10, MP 29 Richardson Hwy were fun!
- April 2, 2015 – Guide dies in Wrangell-St.Elias cornice fall
- April 4, 2015 – Beacons and Eggs – If you attended this event, please complete our feedback survey! This is the only way we receive support from the DPS for future programs
- March 14, 2015 Cantwell Avalanche, snowmachiner killed
- March 11, 2015 Heli-skier survives burial
- AAIC has partnered with NAOI to bring a host of classes on Backcountry Safety to Alaska thanks to support from the Alaska Department of Public Safety – State Troopers. Learn More!
- Check out our calendar for upcoming events and training opportunities
- The AAIC is excited to announce that we will be partnering with the North America Outdoor Institute to provide avalanche and backcountry safety training across Alaska between Feb. 15 and May 31, 2015. If you would like a program for your community, please contact us at 907-255-2242 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check out the Alaska Snow Safety Summit report and information <here>
- January 1, 2015: Thompson Pass snowmachiner buried <here>
- December 18, 2014. Turnagain skier survived full burial
- December 6, 2014. Alaska Range, Rainbow Ridge backcountry skier fatal avalanche Summary <here>. Survivor’s story as told by Alaska Dispatch News
- Winter has come! Check your local avalanche center forecast before heading to the mountains. Not a forecast for your area? Your observations can improve the safety of your mountain community
- Alaska Avalanche Courses for 2014-2015. Find an avalanche course near you.
- Need financial assistance to take your avalanche course this winter? Read more about the Mike O’Leary Avalanche Education Scholarship
- The AAIC Executive director is Debra McGhan. Contact her by email at: email@example.com
- Think about snow and take this quiz to get 10% off avalanche gear from BCA.
- Thank you to BCA. Stay tuned as our forecasters test the Tracker3 in the field.
- Thank you Ortovox for the donation of 3+ transceivers for our forecasters and instructors. We look forward to sharing our thoughts and experiences with this new transceiver.
- Heli ski guide dies following Haines avalanche March 15, 2014 <here>.
- For those interested in the avalanche history of Denali National Park.
- Project Zero – get involved.
- Looking for avalanche education specific for women? Backcountry Babes offers many courses in Alaska.
- AAIC supports Alaska Safe Rider Snowmobile Safety Education.
- AAIC earns the Governor’s Special Achievement Award at the 33rd annual Governor’s Safety Conference for our work to establish a statewide forecast and education network. Thanks to everyone for your support and work in helping to make this dream a reality. Full press release here: 03.05.14 Press Release
- Alaska Avalanche Information Center received 2012 Governor’s Safety Award.
- Avalanche forecasts now available on your smart phone. Download either the iOS or Android version of the app for free <here>.
Want to Learn More?:
Support your local Alaskan avalanche center – Wear your LIVE TO RIDE ANOTHER DAY hoody today!?:
|Black Hoody Sizes|
The Alaska Avalanche Information Center supports the Anchorage Avalanche Center, Cordova Avalanche Center, Haines Avalanche Center, Hatcher Pass Avalanche Center and Valdez Avalanche Center.