GET THE GEAR. GET THE FORECAST. GET THE TRAINING. GET THE PICTURE. GET OUT OF HARMS WAY!
Latest News and Events:
- Search for missing skier continues <Read More Here> Alaska Dispatch Link
- Erik Peterson Memorial Run In memory of Coach Peterson with proceeds used to support Avalanche Forecasting and Education in Alaska. Sunday, December 6th at the Dome in Anchorage. All runners will be entered to win a Black Diamond Pieps Sport DSP avalanche transceiver. Limited number of discounted transceivers available for purchase.
- Snow has come to most Alaskan communities. Get your backcountry brain tuned in by checking your avalanche forecast before heading out to enjoy winter.
- Announcing the launch of The Avalanche Project. AAIC is proud to support this initiative that collaborates industry promoting safety messaging.
- The 8th annual Alaska Snow Safety Summit is set for November 5th – Learn more and Register to reserve your spot today! Visit the Snow Summit website at Snow Safety Summit.
- Continuing Professional Development opportunities: Southcentral Alaska Avalanche Workshop in Anchorage Nov.6, Southeast Alaska Snow & Avalanche Workshop in Juneau Dec.11
- Thank you for those who attended and helped with the COMMUNITY SNOW FEST . Sat. Nov. 7th, 11am – 3pm, Anchorage Loussac Library. Learn more .
- The Hunt for Zipper Mouth Creek : a social media tool to raise awareness and educate the motorized community about the importance of avalanche prevention. YOUR kickstarter support will make it happen!
- Fairbanks Avalanche Awareness Workshop November 11-13, 2015 6-9pm. Register 474-6027
- AAIC participated September 19th at Mat-Su College for the annual Emergency Expo and Safety Fair; more than 300 people attended. AAIC hosted the Avalanche Disaster Experience thanks to support from the Matanuska Valley Federal Credit Union. Learn more at: Mat Su EPF
- Support the AAIC through Fred Meyers. Link your Rewards Card today and every purchase you make will help AAIC. Learn More FMDonationProgram
- Season Recap! The AAIC and all of our centers are proud of our 2014-2015 accomplishments. Check out our END OF SEASON REPORT
- Alaska range climbers rescued May 11 after triggering avalanche <here>
- AAIC is a pround partner of Project Zero: aiming to reduce avalanche fatalities and promote a responsible backcountry experience.
- AIARE offers innovative and standardized avalanche education – learn more.
- Do you value avalanche information and education in Alaska? Show it by becoming a member of Alaska Avalanche Information Center. If you shop Amazon, support by selecting Alaska Avalanche Information Center as your charity at Amazon Smile.
- Great job Arctic Man participants. Companion Rescue classes April 9-11, 2015 at Mile 198 Richardson Hwy. Summit Lake were a success.
- Way to go Tailgate Alaska. Mountain Skills classes April 3-10, MP 29 Richardson Hwy were fun!
- April 2, 2015 – Guide dies in Wrangell-St.Elias cornice fall
- April 4, 2015 – Beacons and Eggs – If you attended this event, please complete our feedback survey! This is the only way we receive support from the DPS for future programs
- March 14, 2015 Cantwell Avalanche, snowmachiner killed
- March 11, 2015 Heli-skier survives burial
- AAIC has partnered with NAOI to bring a host of classes on Backcountry Safety to Alaska thanks to support from the Alaska Department of Public Safety – State Troopers. Learn More!
- Check out our calendar for upcoming events and training opportunities
- Check out the 2014 Alaska Snow Safety Summit report and information <here>
- January 1, 2015: Thompson Pass snowmachiner buried <here>
- December 18, 2014. Turnagain skier survived full burial
- December 6, 2014. Alaska Range, Rainbow Ridge backcountry skier fatal avalanche Summary <here>. Survivor’s story as told by Alaska Dispatch News
- Alaska Avalanche Courses for 2015-2016. Find an avalanche course near you.
- Need financial assistance to take your avalanche course this winter? Read more about the Mike O’Leary Avalanche Education Scholarship
- The AAIC Executive director is Debra McGhan. Contact her by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Think about snow and take this quiz to get 10% off avalanche gear from BCA.
- Thank you to BCA. Stay tuned as our forecasters test the Tracker3 in the field.
- Thank you Ortovox for the donation of 3+ transceivers for our forecasters and instructors. We look forward to sharing our thoughts and experiences with this new transceiver.
- Heli ski guide dies following Haines avalanche March 15, 2014 <here>.
- For those interested in the avalanche history of Denali National Park.
- Looking for avalanche education specific for women? Backcountry Babes offers many courses in Alaska.
- AAIC supports Alaska Safe Rider Snowmobile Safety Education.
- AAIC earns the Governor’s Special Achievement Award at the 33rd annual Governor’s Safety Conference for our work to establish a statewide forecast and education network. Thanks to everyone for your support and work in helping to make this dream a reality. Full press release here: 03.05.14 Press Release
- Alaska Avalanche Information Center received 2012 Governor’s Safety Award.
- Avalanche forecasts now available on your smart phone. Download either the iOS or Android version of the app for free <here>.
Want to Learn More?:
Support your local Alaskan avalanche center – Wear your LIVE TO RIDE ANOTHER DAY hoody today: SORRY – CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK
|Black Hoody Sizes|
The Alaska Avalanche Information Center supports the Anchorage Avalanche Center, Cordova Avalanche Center, Haines Avalanche Center, Hatcher Pass Avalanche Center and Valdez Avalanche Center.