GET THE GEAR. GET THE FORECAST. GET THE TRAINING.
Latest News and Events:
- SAVE THE DATE! The 8th annual Alaska Snow Safety Summit is set for November 5th – Learn more and Register to reserve your spot today! Visit the Snow Summit website at Snow Safety Summit. Help us make this event possible – Become a Sponsor. Check out our – Sponsorkit
- COMMUNITY SNOW FEST! Sat. Nov. 7th, 11am – 3pm, Anchorage Loussac Library. Learn more or Register Now!
- The Hunt for Zipper Mouth Creek : a social media tool to raise awareness and educate the motorized community about the importance of avalanche prevention. YOUR kickstarter support will make it happen!
- AAIC participated September 19th at Mat-Su College for the annual Emergency Expo and Safety Fair; more than 300 people attended. AAIC hosted the Avalanche Disaster Experience thanks to support from the Matanuska Valley Federal Credit Union. Learn more at: Mat Su EPF
- Support the AAIC through Fred Meyers. Link your Rewards Card today and every purchase you make will help AAIC. Learn More FMDonationProgram
- Season Recap! The AAIC and all of our centers are proud of our 2014-2015 accomplishments. Check out our END OF SEASON REPORT
- Alaska range climbers rescued May 11 after triggering avalanche <here>
- AAIC is a pround partner of Project Zero: aiming to reduce avalanche fatalities and promote a responsible backcountry experience.
- AIARE offers innovative and standardized avalanche education – learn more.
- Do you value avalanche information and education in Alaska? Show it by becoming a member of Alaska Avalanche Information Center. If you shop Amazon, support by selecting Alaska Avalanche Information Center as your charity at Amazon Smile.
- Great job Arctic Man participants. Companion Rescue classes April 9-11, 2015 at Mile 198 Richardson Hwy. Summit Lake were a success.
- Way to go Tailgate Alaska. Mountain Skills classes April 3-10, MP 29 Richardson Hwy were fun!
- April 2, 2015 – Guide dies in Wrangell-St.Elias cornice fall
- April 4, 2015 – Beacons and Eggs – If you attended this event, please complete our feedback survey! This is the only way we receive support from the DPS for future programs
- March 14, 2015 Cantwell Avalanche, snowmachiner killed
- March 11, 2015 Heli-skier survives burial
- AAIC has partnered with NAOI to bring a host of classes on Backcountry Safety to Alaska thanks to support from the Alaska Department of Public Safety – State Troopers. Learn More!
- Check out our calendar for upcoming events and training opportunities
- Check out the 2014 Alaska Snow Safety Summit report and information <here>
- January 1, 2015: Thompson Pass snowmachiner buried <here>
- December 18, 2014. Turnagain skier survived full burial
- December 6, 2014. Alaska Range, Rainbow Ridge backcountry skier fatal avalanche Summary <here>. Survivor’s story as told by Alaska Dispatch News
- Alaska Avalanche Courses for 2015-2016. Find an avalanche course near you.
- Need financial assistance to take your avalanche course this winter? Read more about the Mike O’Leary Avalanche Education Scholarship
- The AAIC Executive director is Debra McGhan. Contact her by email at: email@example.com
- Think about snow and take this quiz to get 10% off avalanche gear from BCA.
- Thank you to BCA. Stay tuned as our forecasters test the Tracker3 in the field.
- Thank you Ortovox for the donation of 3+ transceivers for our forecasters and instructors. We look forward to sharing our thoughts and experiences with this new transceiver.
- Heli ski guide dies following Haines avalanche March 15, 2014 <here>.
- For those interested in the avalanche history of Denali National Park.
- Looking for avalanche education specific for women? Backcountry Babes offers many courses in Alaska.
- AAIC supports Alaska Safe Rider Snowmobile Safety Education.
- AAIC earns the Governor’s Special Achievement Award at the 33rd annual Governor’s Safety Conference for our work to establish a statewide forecast and education network. Thanks to everyone for your support and work in helping to make this dream a reality. Full press release here: 03.05.14 Press Release
- Alaska Avalanche Information Center received 2012 Governor’s Safety Award.
- Avalanche forecasts now available on your smart phone. Download either the iOS or Android version of the app for free <here>.
Want to Learn More?:
Support your local Alaskan avalanche center – Wear your LIVE TO RIDE ANOTHER DAY hoody today: SORRY – CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK
|Black Hoody Sizes|
The Alaska Avalanche Information Center supports the Anchorage Avalanche Center, Cordova Avalanche Center, Haines Avalanche Center, Hatcher Pass Avalanche Center and Valdez Avalanche Center.